|
 |
| Friday, May 05, 2006 |
| Cancer how I hate thee. |
It is a very bad cancer. He goes for pre-op Tuesday this week and surgery Tuesday of the next week. They may cut him open and just sew him back up. His daughter was told to spend as much time as she could with him and have her kids spend as much time with him as possible because he will probably not be here next year. Max is so sad and depressed. He don't want to talk to anyone. He told my mom that he has nothing to say. He just takes his pain pills and goes to bed. I am not reacting to this like I should be and that concerns me. I am sad about what is happening but I have yet to cry or be upset. I just pray. That is my rock. Tracy is taking this hard. I don't know what to say to her. All I know to do is listen when she needs an ear. She loves Max so much, he is her daddy, this is breaking her heart. My mother is hanging by a thread. She refuses to be seen about the lump that she found until Max is taken care of. I worry about her. What if we lose both Max and momma? It has been known to happen like that. I can't even go see them. Well we went the one time but I don't see a trip in the near future. I would love to go to Little Rock to be there for my mother during the operation. She will have her cousin Beth and Max's daughter there though. It is just that I was always there for my mother. She told me tonight, Teressa, you were always there for me and now it is your time to relax and let me take care of it. It is hard to do. It is as God plans it though.
Later. God bless. Teressa. |
posted by Teressa @ 4:59 AM  |
|
| 12 Comments: |
-
Oh Teressa, I am so sorry to hear it's that bad! Your mom is awesome though. I think she knows you are having a hard time with it and she's trying to make it easier by saying she'll take care of things. You will handle it all just fine I'm sure. Everyone has their own way of dealing with stuff like this...you don't HAVE to fall apart and cry.
-
It sounds to me like you are reacting pretty normally. When my Mom told me she had breast cancer, I never shead a tear until my Step Father called to say she was OK and resting comfortably.
Don't worry about not being there. It's not meant to be and you can't change that. The most important things you can do, can be done from right where you are.
What a wonderful caring person you are my friend. That means everything and don't think that Max doesn't realize that.
I'll have a candle going for Max.
HUGGSS!!
-
Teri you can do what you do best: Pray for your Momma and Dad. There are not many people in this world that has the faith and love for people like you do and I know your parents will feel this whereever they are. You know what to pray about and sometimes a person praying from afar and be as close to people needing comfort as someone next to the hospital bed. I am so sorry you are going thru so much just now and I am reaching out to give you a big hug and a listen if you feel like e-mailing me...love&hugz, Linda
-
I'm sorry to hear about Max's cancer. Don't try to analyze your feelings. Illness & all that effects us & we go thru a rollercoaster of emotions. Prayer is a powerful tool.
-
Just wondering how your Dad made it thru his surgery, I believe you wrote it was today. I hope everything went alright and the surgery made him more comfortable. Your mother sounds like a strong woman and from somewhere inside her she will find enough strength to cope with Dad's illness. Hope you are bearing up as well as you can as well. This is very difficult. PS how is Clay doing?...hugz, Linda
-
Jane put my feelings into words, I can't add to that.
Teressa, you and your family are in my prayers.
-
I am so sorry to hear this. Cancer is such a tragic disease when it is terminal. My Dad died of cancer and it was hard on all of us. Just be as supportive as you can and try to visit. We are here for you. God Bless.
-
I am so sorry to hear this!! I will pray for you and your family!
-
Hope things are OK with you. I dropped by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. Thinking of you
-
Hope all is OK. We miss you when your gone. Write when your ready. :)
-
Hi Teressa, Stopped by to see how you're doing. I hope you are alright.
-
i agree with everyone else. don't analyze it. lordy, your family has been through so much lately...
xoxoxo maggs
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
 |
|
Oh Teressa, I am so sorry to hear it's that bad! Your mom is awesome though. I think she knows you are having a hard time with it and she's trying to make it easier by saying she'll take care of things. You will handle it all just fine I'm sure. Everyone has their own way of dealing with stuff like this...you don't HAVE to fall apart and cry.