| Friday, January 06, 2006 |
| 4.9.5 |
Back Home...and The End...We moved back to the home town. Gary just transfered to the wally world close by. Convenient job, lol, for us. Clay turns 8 soon. He was and is still such a sweet soul. I am not doing too well. I am now having to have someone in my home 4 hours a day 5 days a week to help me. It is degrading. My family pushed me to get the help. I hated it, though it made things easier. Here in Arkansas where I cannot get the service I can see the difference it made and it is not pretty. I still need the help. I am close to my family in Missouri and trying to have a relationship with my dad. No good. He still is the same person. In my life it seems that I matured but he just stayed the same. I got back into counseling, which I was in and out of a lot. I would give up on it so many times. It didn''t seem to change anything. I guess I didn''t want to change anything because all I seen was hopelessness. But this time was different. My son needed it and it made it very important. I could not believe that my son was repeating me. The difference between us is that I knew to get him help, where my mother ignored everything. He was put on Elavil at 7. I blamed myself so much. There was a lot of guilt and I guess I can say that to this day I feel some guilt. Even knowing what they tell me about the imbalance in the brain, there is that little voice of what if? What if he had been born to someone else? What if he had not grown up around my craziness? I wanted so much for him, still do. This part of the story is so hard for me. I am having to type it through the tears. I will explain how they are different now as opposed to them earlier. I lived in the misery of feeling sorry for myself. Just pity. I was no good for anyone until I got myself straightened out. So my son and I set out on an adventure of learning what makes us who we are. Through everything during this blog I held to my faith. I knew that if I took hold of it harder than I had been that things would be easier. I started praying hard. I had to change myself to help my son. I had to learn what to do. We now live in Arkansas and both of us struggle through our treatment. I have a son who has faced the demon of mental illness and fights it daily. Even with the little voice that still now and again brings some guilt along, I know now why I suffered. God new he would be bringing me this little boy and He knew I was going to have to go through some rough stuff in order to know how he felt and how to be there for him. The tears now is in the realization that we have come a long way, but still fighting. Last summer my son was diagnosed with thyroid disease, then in the fall with diabetes. I have both these diseases as well. Again, we fight them together. My son is a very strong 12 year old. He is battling things that I battled before. Yes, it is hard as a mother to sit by and watch this happen, but I have the courage to take on the responsibility and face it head on. I know to watch for doors being closed, him shutting down, him wanting to hurt himself, him wanting to die. I know because I have been there. In all things in life I feel there is a reason and I think I finally found my reason. All the trials were not banes, they were a gift for my future, my son''s future. Mental illness is not something that people can see, so most times don''t know it is there. It is most times a very secret thing with real pain and that pain is worse than any physical pain. I know, I have tried the physical and nothing has ever hurt me more than my mind and my heart. I live now in my belief in my God and the salvation that I have for a new life after this one is done. The body is the temple that the soul inhabits, but when this flesh is gone the soul carries on. I plan to do what I can from my soul to live this life in the flesh. Now the continued story of my past is done. I am moving to the present for future blogs. You will see the zany me. At times humorous, at times sad, at times happy, at times mad. I will hurt and you will see sometimes the result of my mind, but I hope that you can take something from my past that I shared. It surely was a process. I still battle mental illness, I am bipolar, with anxiety disorder and borderline personality disorder. Later. Blog on and God bless. April 9, 2005 10:22 PM |
posted by Teressa @ 12:04 PM  |
|
|
|
|