|
 |
| Sunday, August 13, 2006 |
| 8.13.6 |
Max told the family yesterday that he was done. He will no longer continue treatment. I guess he is ready for this to be over with. He is in so much pain. They had to take him by ambulance to the VA nearest them Friday. The AirEvac didn't have a helicopter to send for transport to Little Rock. The plan was that the ambulance would take him to Poplar Bluff and then they would get another ambulance to transport him to Little Rock. When they got to Poplar Bluff it was decided that he was not stable enough for transport to Little Rock. So they kept him there and that is where he is now. He has not ate but 2 bites of a sandwich in days. He throws up anything he can even think to try and get down, even his medication. He started refusing any medication except his pain pills. Makes me think that he had given up long before he said anything. I just feel that if he could swallow the pain meds he could of swallowed the other meds. He just chose to not take them and caused himself to be sick when they were given. If he threw up the pain meds too I wouldn't think that way. Momma hasn't let it hit her yet. She told me that she can't because she has to take care of him and she has to keep herself together. She is going on no sleep right now. Max is not sleeping but 5 minutes at a time and he wants her there everytime he wakes up, so she won't leave him. I convinced her yesterday that she had to leave him for a little while so that she could get some sleep. So, Tracy, my little sis, is going to rent a hotel room today and go relieve momma with Max. As long as momma knows that Max is with someone familiar she will do it I am sure. She needs a good long hot shower or bath and a nice comfy bed to rest on for 6 to 8 hours. I don't know how long Max will live now. Well, no one can know that really. He won't even go back to the cancer doctors. Momma is going to have the Poplar Bluff VA set up hospice for him and that is it. He may have to have a feeding tube, that is all I can think of if he can't eat. I believe hospice can take care of that. It will be a new playing field now I suppose.
Things around here have been a bit stressful. Our van quit on us. We don't know what is wrong with it. It acted really strange. It would go in reverse OK but when you put it in drive you could put the gas pedal all the way to the floor and it would barely move. First thing that comes to mind is the transmission when you say it will go in reverse but not drive but when you hear the engine it really throws you off. The engine makes a bad noise and in drive the rpms will not move when you put on the gas. I am hoping, even though it is strange acting, that it is just the fuel filter. We have no money to fix it and cannot get another vehicle. The place we always buy our vehicles from is only $50 a week and we don't have that much money even. The church towed the van and is paying for the shop to look at it. They said that they would see how much it cost to fix it and if it isn't more than the van is worth I guess they are going to pay to have it fixed but if it is more than it is worth they said they would talk to Gary about our options. All I know is that our options are that we can't afford to make payments on a different vehicle so we are either screwed or the church gets us another vehicle. God has always taken care of us in these matters so I know which will happen. This church has bought vehicles for people before so I know that it is not out the scope of possibilities.
Clay is still not progressing on his homework very well. You know, that is my biggest stressor right now. It is what makes me go bananas.
Gary is having more problems with his privates. The pain is now moving up. His sister, who is an RN said he could be herniated. She didn't think it was just an infection. I am still holding out for an infection. He sees a doctor on the 15th of September. I don't think I said in here before that we found a clinic that he can go to and the doctor is only $10. I don't know about everything else. We will just go from the doctor onwards. I am hoping they got a deal with a lab for lab work. If he needs a prescription the church will pay for that.
I am doing OK. I am getting my nights and days straightened out finally. That is why I am up at 5 a.m. blogging. I am going to cut my Klonopin in half so that I don't sleep so much during the day.
Later. God bless. Teressa.
P.S. I surely do miss Lisa.
P.S.S. Thank you to all that responded to my previous post. You all were very much helpful. It is so nice to have the kind words given. Love to all. |
posted by Teressa @ 4:44 AM  |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
I don't know what to say Teressa. Seems like life isn't fair sometimes, but you seem to find some light in it anyhow. Big hugs to you.
-
Hi Teri, I guess Max has made up his mind what he wants to do. It's been a long hard road for him and he must be mighty tired. I just hope he gets all the pain meds he needs so he won't suffer. Yes, hospice is very good. Every now and then I see a hospice nurse with a patient where I work. They talk with you, and make you as comfortable as possible and provide a shoulder to lean on for the patient and the family. I'm glad your Mom was able to get away for an hour or to to rest, etc. It's hard sitting with a sick person. You don't want to leave that chair for an instant because you don't want your loved one to be upset if they don't see you there. I'm sorry to hear Gary is having health issues and I hope they are taken care of and he can feel better soon. Clay is in that funny stage in life where his mind is not on his school work, don't worry, he will bounce back. Maybe his Grandfather's being ill is affacting him. Are they close? And to add insult to injury there goes your car. I just hope they can get it going again, at least until you can do better. One day at a time, Terri. You are a very strong and caring person and you will get thru all of this (((((((((Teri))))))))), thinking of you...Linda
-
Oh Teri. As always, you're all in my thoughts...
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
 |
|
I don't know what to say Teressa. Seems like life isn't fair sometimes, but you seem to find some light in it anyhow.
Big hugs to you.