|
 |
| Friday, January 27, 2006 |
| Done |
I have got the computers going. I didn't have to put the desk and chair together. For the first time since Gary and I have been married he did it. I was overcome by my meds and had to take a nap. When I woke up he had them all ready to go. He worked hard today. He didn't even get anything out of all the money that we spent. I want him to take what is left and buy himself something but he won't. It makes me feel guilty.
Tomorrow I have to get a router to hook the computers up non-wireless. It is the easiest way to do it. Clay is bummed tonight but he has tomorrow and tomorrow night, then Sunday after church. I got the printer/scanner hooked up and going. I will have to learn how to add pictures to my blog now. I haven't fooled with the digital camera. It scares me. My computer is so prettiful. It has blue lights. I know, so girlish of me, look at the pretty colors, lol. I am having to get use to XP again, ugh, but I will, just take me a bit. I liked the simplicity of 98SE. I knew where to go to trouble shoot about anything. Here will be a touch and go thing. I will probably be looking in on the folks at the MSN group Community Feedback now and again. They are wonder for helping to find and fix problems. I have the computer armed and ready for attack. My only problem is that I seem to have 2 firewalls running and I know that can be a conflict. I think I have windows firewall and McAfee firewall. I will get it straightened out later. I will just not be playing canasta until I do. I thought my other pc was pretty quick coming up but boy, this pc puts it to shame. I bought the Emachine because I had such lousy luck with Hewlit Packard, my other new pc I had owned, and I am impressed. The old machine I was using was an Emachine given to me by a friend in Jersey. It was an 8 gig hardrive. It got the work done though. It is another reason I went with Emachine. Well, when I got the new Hewlit Packard I didn't recieve a system boot disc. With this machine I did. I was so happy to see it. Now I can reformat if need be with no problems. I don't know why Hewlit Packard has their heads up their butts on that. When I called them, trying to fix the HP, they told me that they didn't have the discs because XP has system restore. I was having a 2 hour conversation with this guy because my computer was down and I could not get it back. Duh, a system boot disc might of come in handy, especially since I could not get to system restore. They now have a package of discs that you can buy for 12 something when you buy a system. They don't advertise it that I know of. Heck, they could be including a system boot dics now it has been so long since I dealt with them. I am going to go and play with my pc. Lots of things to look at. I may even give that camera a whirl.
Later. God bless. Teressa. |
posted by Teressa @ 10:26 PM  |
|
| 11 Comments: |
-
Oh, how very fun, a new computer!! With pretty colors to boot. Dang, I wish I had a new one. I guess I should be happy this one has lasted so long. I have 2 firewalls working at the same time & it's fine. Mine are windows firewall & one thru my dsl provider. Plus I have spyware, do you have that yet? that's really important as they load all kinda crap on your computer w/o you knowing it. sneaky creeps. anyways, have fun with your new toy. and hey, new toys with pretty colors totally rock!
-
-
YAY!!!! Glad you got things going.
I'll be hapy to help you with your XP settings. Let me know what you need. I'll be home most of the weekend.
Yes, you will need to disable one firewall or the other. Personally, I had nothing but trouble with McAfee. . . I finally gave it away.
I also agree with your view of HP. They are idiots. Good printers, but their computers SUCK!!!! I built my current machine from components and 4 years later it still works just fine. One hard drive failure (no more Seagate hard drives!!!) but otherwise it just keeps plugging along.
Have fun!!!
-
I agree, Hewlett-Packard makes great printers, but their computers leave something to be desired... I wish I could create an avatar, but I can't figure that out on this site... so no cute picture. Take care Tressa.
-
8 gig is terribly small, i would have used all that space up on photos.
-
Sounds like the new computer system is coming along fine. I use XP and after I got used to it I like it better than 98. Can't wait for you to start posting pics.
-
Ooooh! Nothing better than a new computer!
-
Yeah!! New computer and rain!! What more could you ask for??? LOL! Have fun with your new toy.
-
yay for gary!
mcafee came with this computer [three month trial]...i went to nortons...bastards! can’t remove the little mcafee blurt that pops up when i start it up tho.
enjoy the playing lady :)
-
Oh Terri I am so happy for you with your new computer!You will have fun getting everything up and running and experimenting on this and that.I am looking forward to seeing your pictures soon. I have WindowsXP as well and I had nothing before so I have nothing to compare it with. I wish you all the luck with your new toy (and all the lights!!!)...hugz, Linda
-
Welcome back. That was nice of Gary to assemble that for you. Happy speedier blogging!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
 |
|
Oh, how very fun, a new computer!! With pretty colors to boot. Dang, I wish I had a new one. I guess I should be happy this one has lasted so long. I have 2 firewalls working at the same time & it's fine. Mine are windows firewall & one thru my dsl provider. Plus I have spyware, do you have that yet? that's really important as they load all kinda crap on your computer w/o you knowing it. sneaky creeps.
anyways, have fun with your new toy. and hey, new toys with pretty colors totally rock!