|
 |
| Friday, January 06, 2006 |
| 3.24.5 |
To The River Bank...So after leaving the hospital we spend the night at the rescue mission. The next few nights are spent on a river bank with a few other homeless people. One day during this time I was sitting next to a man and we were talking. He stopped talking and started having a grand mal seizure. Scared the heck out of me but the woman he was with knew what to do and said it happened a lot. That was truly an experience, I thought the man was dying. After the nights on the river bank Ace decides it would be a good idea to walk to my mother''s. He had borrowed a little money from his ex-wife. So off we go. It is only 28 miles and of course my bag is a lot lighter, lol. We get about 8 miles and who by chance comes driving by? It is my mother and step-father. They stop and give us a ride into the town where I always ended up running to in my previous posts. The town I can''t call my hometown because I didn''t have a real hometown with all the moves we made when I was young. However, this town is where I have off and on spent the last 13 years, so for future reference I will call it my hometown, lol. So, we get to my hometown and they drop us off at a store there. We walk to a hotel and Ace gets a room. I had thought that I was fairly safe because he was not drinking. When Ace didn''t drink I did not get hurt. I was still an idiot or blind or something. Ace went to the store on the corner across from the hotel and bought us something to eat. Now I didn''t know how much he had borrowed but I was under the impression that it was not a lot. So we are into the evening and all of a sudden he gets mean. I am like what in the world is going on, he never gets mean unless he has been drinking. I go to the bathroom at one point and while I am in there I notice 2 empty bottles of vodka behind the commode. I lift the lid on the tank of the commode and there is another bottle there. He had been drinking evidently all day and I had no idea. So now the fear really sets in. I know I am in for a ride. I tried to smooth things over but to no avail. Besides beating me, he trashed the room, t.v. and all. You must understand that I knew the people who owned the hotel and they knew me. It is a small town. I was thinking how am I going to explain this. I know what a thing to be thinking through all this, lol, but doesn''t make anymore sense than me looking at that clock when I took those pills, just a stupid memory and something that I can''t explain. Well, the fight is still going and I am getting beat pretty good. Someone calls the police and they enter the scene. I was so relieved but so embarrassed. I have no recollection of what happened to Ace that night but they took me to my dad''s. Not only was I embarrassed but now my dad is humiliated that his friends were having to bring me to them under the circumstances. I don''t know how long I was at my dad''s nor how I ended up back with Ace. But, with Ace I was. His check had come in and he had rented a house in the neighboring town that we had started our walk from before. He had promised me that he was going to quit drinking and I like an idiot believed him. So we move and things are looking up. I got a job and he was working on the house we moved into. It needed it, lmbo. Was that a mess! Anyway, the beatings had stopped for awhile and then he started drinking again and they started again. Now he had obtained a knife. He would pull it on me and threaten me with it. It was a wicked blade. A terrifying thing to say the least, but he never used it on me, just liked to scare me with it. Keep me in line so to say. Well, eventually he stopped drinking again and things were smooth for quite some time. We had started having contact with my mom and Max, my step-father. I was enthralled that this was happening. He never wanted to have a relationship with my family. Wanted to keep me from them, that is unless he wanted something from them. So, Christmas rolls around and we are going to spend it with my family, something that had not happened for years. Later. Blog on and God bless. March 24, 2005 8:11 AM |
posted by Teressa @ 11:51 AM  |
|
|
|
|
 |
|